31% NTSS TOMATO PASTE HOT BREAK
Tomato Paste shall be processed in accordance with good manufacturing practices. The raw material shall conform in every respect to the provisions set fourth under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and meet the standards established by the USDA and the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Chemical and Physical
- Natural Tomato Soluble Solids – 31 +/- 0.5% NTSS
- Bostwick (consistency) – 4.0 cm to 7.5 cm at this of pack
- pH – 4.30 +/- 0.2
- Color (Hunter Colorimeter) – Grade A: USDA Score > 47 points
- Finish (to customer specifications) – .033″, .045″ and .060″ Screens
- Defects – Meets USDA Standards for Grade A
Microbiological – Lactic acid, bacteria, yeast and molds
- Rapid Detection Method – Negative / 10g (in duplicate)
- Nutrient Broth Inoculation – Negative / 100g (in duplicate)
- Howards Mold Count – <40%
- Fly eggs, maggots/worm and insects – Not to exceed USDA/FDA Standards
- 55 – gallon aseptic bag in drum – 535 lbs. – 545 lbs.
- 300 – gallon aseptic bag in bin – 2,900 lbs. +/- 10 lbs.
- Product shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture, provided the product is kept from freezing and is not stored at temperatures above 110 degrees F.