Industrial Production Specifications
25% – 26% Concentrated Crushed Tomatoes
Crushed tomatoes shall be processed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices. The raw material shall conform in every respect to the provisions set forth under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and meet the standards established by the USDA and the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Chemical and Physical:
- Natural Tomato Soluble Solids: 25+/1 0.5% NTSS
- Consistency (Bostwick): <4.5 cm at time of pack (Measured @12% NTSS for 30 sec. @20 C)
- pH: 4.30 =/-1 0.2
- Color (Hunter Colorimeter): USDA Score > 47 points
- Finish (To Customer Specifications): 090, .156 and .250 Screen
Microbiological – Lactic acid bacteria, yeast and molds
- Rapid Detection Method: Negative / 10g (in duplicate)
- Nutrient Broth Inoculation: Negative / 100g (in duplicate)
- Howard Mold Count: <40%
- Fly eggs, maggots / worm and insect: Not to exceed USDA / FDA standards
- 55 – gallon aseptic bag in drum: 530 lbs. +/- 5 lbs.
- 300 – gallon aseptic bag in bin: 2,930 lbs. +/- 10 lbs.
- Product shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture provided the product is kep from freezing and is not stored in temperatures above 110 degrees.